|Jedi High Council|
The Jedi High Council, also known simply as the Jedi Council, was the primary Jedi Council of the Jedi Order during the rule of the Galactic Republic. The High Council met in the southeast tower of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
The High Council was a group of twelve wise and powerful Jedi Masters who were elected to guide the Order as well as to serve as an advisory body for the Office of the Supreme Chancellor. The Council was made up of five lifetime members, four long-term members, and three limited-term members. This organizational structure had evolved from the earlier assemblies of Jedi Masters, and during the Great Hyperspace War may have been nothing more than an "inner circle" within the assembly. The Council originally had no set meeting place, and met irregularly on planets such as Ossus, Alderaan, and Chandrila. With the relocation of the Order from Ossus to Coruscant, the Council was permanently established on that world.
History of the High CouncilEdit
Rise Of The EmpireEdit
- Known Masters of the Order and Grand Masters are listed in bold.
- Nomi Sunrider, (c. 3,986 BJP—?), head of the Jedi Order (c. 3,986 BJP—?)
- Atris (—3,951 BJP)
- Kavar (—3,951 BJP)
- Zez-Kai Ell (—3,951 BJP)
- Vrook Lamar (—3,951 BJP)
- Lonna Vash (—3,951 BJP)
- Vandar Tokare (—3,952 BJP)
- Lucien Draay (3,963 BJP)
- Zym, (-3,653 BJP), Grand Master of the Jedi Order (-3,653 BJP)
- Satele Shan, (3,643 BJP) Grand Master of the Jedi Order (3,643 BBY-)
- Nikil Nobil, (3,643 BJP)