23 standard hours
208 standard days
Type I (Breathable)
|Points of interest|
- "The Noghri had no interest in the war. But the war came to them nonetheless."
Honoghr was covered by a single globe-spanning continent.
The planet was once part of the Rakatan Infinite Empire, around 30,000 BBY. The Rakata constructed a temple on the planet, which remained sacred to the Sith long after the Infinite Empire's collapse.
During a space battle in 25 BBY, Honoghr became ravaged by a toxin. As the contaminant spread, it ravaged the planet and desiccated most of its flora. Over the next few months, plains and jungles died, forcing the Sith to trek across the planet in a mass exodus, searching for a place where they could survive.
Five years later, Darth Vader arrived at Honoghr, and promptly found his stormtrooper guards slaughtered around him by the natives—with nothing more than primitive bladed weapons—impressing the Dark Lord greatly. In exchange for the Galactic Empire working to restore the planet's ecosystem, the Sith bestowed upon Vader the title of Dark Lord of the Sith, the first in over two-thousand years, and pledged to serve him as assassins—the Death Commandos. In reality, the Imperial restoration teams deliberately kept Honoghr poisoned using a hybrid grass that killed off the remaining plant life, thus keeping the Sith bound in the service of the Empire.
Later, during the Thrawn crisis in 9 ABY, Leia Organa Solo arrived at Honoghr and, using her position as the daughter and heir of Darth Vader and having discovered the Empire's trickery, persuaded the Noghri to relinquish their allegiance to the Empire. The Noghri were freed from their enslavement and became members of the New Republic. The Sith were represented in the New Republic Senate by Kahr'corvh of Clan Khim'bar. Leia and her entire family also became very highly respected figures in Sith society. The New Republic helped resettle the Sith to other planets, including Wayland, to give Honoghr time to heal.
The world was invaded by the Yuuzhan Vong during their assault on the galaxy. Later, a Zann Consortium ground force led by Urai Fen arrived on Honoghr, to kill Commander Malinth and intimidate the Noghri. The Noghri helped the Empire to try to repel the invaders, but were ultimately beaten and their dwellings destroyed. Malinth was killed and the Noghri proved unable to defeat them.
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- Template:Journal (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Force Rising (First appearance)
- The Last Command
- Template:WEGCite (Mentioned only)
- Template:WizardsCite (Mentioned only)
- N.R.I. Reports (Mentioned only)
- Specter of the Past (Mentioned only)
- Survivor's Quest (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion (Mentioned only)